Sunday, December 1, 2013

Review~Villere House~C.D. Hussey & Leslie Fear~5 Stars


*****5 Stars*****



Y’all y’all y’all y’all y’all! This was one creeptastic read! I really hate to admit this, but I do sometimes judge a book by it’s cover. This cover promised me a creepy ghostly mystery and the authors delivered! What more could a little Cajun girl want, than a mystery, a centuries old curse, the French Quarter, New Orleans, Voodoo queens, Papa Legba, hauntings, ghosts, vampire bars, cemeteries, evil spiteful spirits and more lagniappe than you could shake a stick at? Oh yeah, a love story too! The imagery that these two managed was nothing short of fantastic. I swear I could smell the perfume of the South that New Orleans exudes from every bend of the river.

This story moves at a lighting pace, no boring moments, and there was no fluff. Everything was relevant to the story line. And what a story! The relationships that Lottie has with her friends and the relationship that Xavier has with his family are vibrant. I wanted to be their friends too! The sexual chemistry between Lottie and Xavier was off the charts, and you also saw it mirrored in the relationship of Laurent and Elise. I think the authors did a great job of blending their two styles almost seamlessly, it never felt that I was reading the writing of 2 different authors. The characters were strong and rich. I loved the way the historical flashbacks were done, the dream sequences were outstanding.

I must say, the way they wrapped this up and melded everything together kind of blew my mind. How did I not see it? I said this to myself more than once. The story was so engrossing that my mind didn’t wander off on its usual jaunts to figure out the answers! I am looking forward to book 2!

Buy the Book:

No comments:

Post a Comment