Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Review~Magnolia Blossoms~Rhonda R. Dennis~5 Stars


*****5 Stars*****



Just a few pages into this book and I was laughing hysterically. Not just a haha laugh, but honest to goodness gut busting, pee your pants, people think you are crazy laughing. But that isn’t all this book has to offer. There is an underlying theme of redemption throughout this book. It’s a late coming of age story in which our heroine, Magnolia Berrybush at the age of 32 transforms from the shy, introverted, clumsy, ugly duckling to an amazing swan. Along the way, Maggie forms what should be an unlikely, and definitely unconventional friendship with a hooker named Honey LaReaux. Mayhem and hi-jinxs rule the day. It seems that where ever Magnolia goes, trouble follows.

Rhonda’s descriptions of the people and places, harken me back to the hot and humid days of my youth where the author and I grew up. I can vividly picture each of the characters in this book like I knew them at one time in my life. She has masterfully painted a colorful picture of the transformation of the dull and boring life in which Maggie was afraid of the world and herself, into the joie de vivre that Louisianans hold so dear. Along the way she weaves in characters that are endearing and entertaining. Rhonda Dennis, you are the Cajun Janet Evanovich!

The story doesn’t end there, Rhonda wraps it up so tightly and completely that in a way, I was a little disappointed, as I would have loved to have the story continue. But what an ending!! Be sure to empty your bladder, grab a box of tissues, clear the room of people who don’t want you laugh-reading to them, and get comfy because you won’t want to put this one down until the very end! 5 Stars!!

Buy The Book:

No comments:

Post a Comment