Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Review~Little Joe (Round Rock Series)~Michael E. Glasscock III~4 Stars

****4 Stars****





**I was provided an ARC for an honest review. All opinion are my own.

An authentic portrait of life, unfettered by the demands of our modern lives, in small town America in, the period leading up to WWII. A story of innocence, loss, uncertainty, prejudice, unlikely friendship, acceptance, forgiveness, and love. I was captivated from page one, the author recreated a world most of us have only read about. I enjoyed the scenes of small town farm life he depicted in this book. I am greatly looking forward to following Little Joe over the next novels to find out where his story leads and to see who he becomes.

The depth of emotion that I felt for Little Joe exceeded what I envisioned when I read the synopsis. I was drawn into a world, that while in a state of anxious anticipation for a war that we were being drawn into, was still innocent and loving. When we meet him, in the hospital, just learning of the death of his parents, he meets his grandparents, whom it seems he doesn't really know. He is thrust into their world by cruel fate, and seemingly has a hard time adjusting to his new life. His grandparents seem distant and almost uninterested at times. But you soon realize that they are guiding and shaping him to become a caring and responsible young man.

I would have no problems recommending this book to people of all ages.


Currently available at Amazon.com: LITTLE JOE



No comments:

Post a Comment